What towns do you represent?

I represent the Norfolk, Bristol and Plymouth District in the Massachusetts Senate. My district includes all of Avon, Canton, Milton, Randolph, Stoughton and West Bridgewater as well as precincts 1A, 1B, 2A and 2B in Braintree, precincts 3, 4, 5, and 6 in Easton, precincts 2 and 3 in Sharon, and precinct 4 in East Bridgewater. If you are not sure which precinct you live in, click here to find out and to see exactly who represents you.


How do I get in contact with you?

The best way to get in touch with me is to email me at [email protected].  You can also call my office at (617) 722-1643.  When you email or call, please specify if you have a general question, legislative question or constituent problem. My office is open weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.


I am a reporter. How can I get in touch with you quickly?

Please call my State House office at (617) 722-1643 and specify that you are reporter on deadline.


Can you help me with an immigration issue?

Unfortunately, federal issues such as immigration are not handled by the state government.  For any issues involving a green card, visa or passport, please contact your U.S. Senator or Congressperson. Your U.S. Senators are Ed Markey & Elizabeth Warren. Your Congressperson differs depending on where you live.  To see a list of the elected officials who represent you, click here.


I would like a proclamation or citation to commemorate a special event. How can I get one?

I am always happy to send commemorative greetings to constituents and to acknowledge special events or occasions including significant birthdays, anniversaries, retirements, or other notable achievements. If you would like to receive a letter or a Senate citation, please email me directly at [email protected], or call my State House office at (617) 722-1643.  When you email or call, please know the full name(s) of the individual(s) being honored, as well as any relevant details and the date of the event.


How do I invite you to an event or a meeting?

Please email Diane Higgins at [email protected] with the date, time and location of the event. If you have not heard back within a few days, please feel free to follow up with a phone call to my State House office at (617) 722-1643.


Can you help me with a state agency?

I can help you in a variety of ways with state agencies. My staff can make inquiries on your behalf about the status of any pending cases before any state agency, and we can also often offer advice about which agency would be best-suited to handle your concerns and help you navigate the sometimes confusing web of services offered by our state government. Unfortunately, we cannot offer legal advice or intervene in pending litigation.

The best way to quickly obtain assistance with casework is to call the State House office. You may also contact us by mail or fax. When making a request, it should contain the following information:

Brief explanation: Please describe the situation with which you require help. The more clear and concise your explanation, the faster we can handle your case.

Relevant identification numbers: Please include relevant case or file numbers, or your social security number.


I would like to visit the State House. Can you book a tour?

The Massachusetts State House is an historic building, and a visit is well worth it. Tours are conducted by the Secretary of State’s office every weekday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. at no charge. The tours last approximately 45 minutes and originate in the front part of the State House (Doric Hall) facing the Boston Common. If you would like to take a tour, please give us a call at (617) 722-1643 and we can book one in advance. It is particularly advantageous to give us advance notice if you will be coming with a large group.


How do I register to vote?

Registering to vote is the first step toward participating in the democratic process. Although the Commonwealth of Massachusetts does not allow direct online voter registration, you can request a voter registration form through the Secretary of State’s office.


I would like to intern in your office. Is that possible?

Yes! We love interns. Interning in our office provides you with the opportunity to experience democracy in action while gaining invaluable insight into legislative and state issues. Full and part-time positions are available year-round at the State House. While we cannot pay interns, we are happy to work with your school to ensure that you receive credit for your internship. Interested candidates should send their resume and a short cover letter indicating the dates they are available to [email protected] under the subject “Internship.”


I would like to meet with you to discuss a problem.

I regularly hold office hours across the district. To attend office hours, please email me at [email protected], or call my State House office at (617) 722-1643 and ask about upcoming dates or check your local paper under the “Agenda” section.